Caló or Caleta des Pou is situated at two kilometres from Cala d'Or.
This beach is very quiet, it has excellent facilities for the visitors, it is quite unspoilt and the sand is white and fine-grained. The visitor may remain in the shade of the palm tree at the rear of this cove.
The ground is sandy with some seaweed, at a depth of five metres, and allows anchoring boats, and the location in the interior of Cala Llonga makes this place quite protected. The nearest port facilities are located at Port Esportiu Marina Cala d’Or, at 0,1 nautical miles.
The houses of the residential area around this beach are next to es Fortí. This military fortress was built in 1730. It used to have four guns and the walls toward the sea, in order to prevent an artillery attack. Later on, the fortress became a sort of museum which can be visited. In the interior there is a special place for the commemorative plaque to Pep Costa Ferrer, named as sentry of es Fortí, and admired for the good design and the building of the village of Cala d'Or.
The accessibility by car is easy until Caló des Pou, following the signs that indicate how to reach the free parking area next to the beach. The beautiful and quiet landscape explains that the beach is not too crowded by local visitors and tourists.
Information about this beach may change. To confirm the data or consult changes or new features, please contact the municipal tourism office below:
Tourist Information - Cala d´Or
General information on the island:
Tourist Information - Mallorca