Cala Pi is named by the surrounding pine trees and the torrent that flows into its water. It is situated 17 kilometres from Llucmajor and four from the talayotic village of Capocorb, declared Monumento Histórico-Artístico Nacional in 1931, which can be visited after paying a ticket.
This beach goes into the interior for half a kilometre between two vertical walls of more than 30 metres, and the visitor is received by a defence tower of the 16th century. The sand is fine, with only little slope, where we sometimes can find seaweed, and in the surroundings there is a residential area.
The navigators must know that this sandy area is the most sheltered of this area of the majorcan coast, open to south and southeast, when the wind blows from south it is difficult to exit, and near the entrance there are three stones on port side. This is why the boats should enter from the central part to anchor, if they come early and if they are not too big, because there is a depth of from two and five metres on a sandy ground. The nearest port, Club Nàutic s'Estanyol de Migjorn, is situated at four and a half nautical miles.
The accessibility by car is easy and there is a free parking area for private cars. The bus stop is very close. You will have to go down some steep stairs to reach Cala Pi. The influx of local and tourist visitors is not very massive.
Information about this beach may change. To confirm the data or consult changes or new features, please contact the municipal tourism office below:
Tourist Information - Llucmajor
General information on the island:
Tourist Information - Mallorca